It is the most common heating system in Greece. There are two kinds of oil (diesel) boilers, conventional and condensing. Condensing technology is an efficient method for energy-save in diesel boilers, since it takes advantage of all useful energy released from combustion.
- Satisfactory coefficient of performance, near 0,8 for conventional, less than 1,05 for condensing boilers.
- Low initial cost of installation
- Low maintenance costs due to very good combustion
- Expensive diesel fuel
- Needs storage room for fuel
- Needs frequent maintenance